A Guide for Administrators. Leadership for Mobile Lerning #mlearning
Hoy traemos a este espacio A Guide for Administrators
the face of the "new normal" of decreased budgets and increased
expectations, many administrators are turning to technology to enhance
teaching and learning while mitigating the consequences of consecutive
years of budget cuts. Mobile learning, in particular, has attracted a
great deal of attention for its potential to engage students by
leveraging the technology environment they have grown accustomed to in
their non-school lives; its potential to scale personalized learning and
reduce the digital divide; its potential to extend learning beyond the
four walls of the classroom and the limited hours of the school day; and
its potential to enable new pedagogies based on the affordances of
these devices that students already carry at their fingertips.
the field of mobile learning is still emerging and there are many
questions to be addressed when contemplating a mobile learning
- How do we create a program with a sustainable impact on teaching and learning, rather than a superficial adoption of the currently "hot" technology
- What are the steps involved in implementing a mobile learning program?
- How do we optimize the investment of our technology dollars?
- How do we choose devices, networks, and software for our implementation?
- What are the security considerations in implementing a mobile learning program?
- What are the policy considerations for a mobile learning program?
- What are the professional development considerations?
- What are the teaching models associated with mobile learning?
- What are the options for funding a mobile learning program?
on the experience of pioneering schools and districts, industry
experts, and leading scholars in the field, this guide is intended to
provide information and context to support administrators in answering
these and other questions. This guide contains the following resources:
- An overview of mobile learning
- Best practices for implementing a mobile learning program
- Existing mobile learning implementations
- An outline of the steps involved in implementing a mobile learning program
- Resources including papers, blogs, videos and web sites regarding the various aspects of developing a mobile learning program
Fuente: [ ]